COVID-19 Updates & Cancellation Policy
Thank you for choosing InterContinental San Juan as your home away from home during your visit to Puerto Rico. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have precautions in place to ensure you have a healthy stay. As of Friday, July 31st, 2020, the Governor of Puerto Rico extended the curfew for the island between the hours of 10:00pm and 5:00am, which seeks to contain and manage the impact of the virus on the Island. Additionally, some restrictions were imposed:
- Beaches are only available for exercise
- The Pool and Pool areas are closed
- The Gym is closed
- No alcohol will be served in the Hotel after 7:00pm
- On Sundays, restaurants will not serve any alcoholic beverage during the entire day and will be open for “grab and go” options only
This order will be in effect until August 15th, 2020.
Regarding our Food & Beverage options, we are making some changes:
- Bodeguita Coffee Bar is open from 7:00am – 10:00pm
- Ocean Breeze Rest. is open from 11:00am – 6:00pm on weekends only (Fri to Sat) depending on the occupancy
- Ruth’s Chris Steake House is open from 5:00pm – 9:45pm
- Karaya Bar is closed
- Aleli Breakfast is closed
We know this situation is not what you had in mind when booking your stay and we thank you for the patience and understanding while we navigate these unprecedented times for our industry. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us by dialing 0, or stopping by the Front Desk.
As our hotel opened our doors to receive guests since June 1st please know that your health and safety are our number one priority. As such we have taken additional steps in partnership with Cleveland Clinic®, Ecolab®, and Diversey® to redefine cleanliness and supporting well being throughout your stay.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with Hospital-Grade disinfectants fans going forward, guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the Hotel:
- Temperature measurements upon arrival
- Guests must wear masks in Public Areas
- Physical distancing signs and hygiene reminders throughout the property
- Sanitizing stations
- Reduced contact at check-in, Front Desk screens, sanitized key-cards and pens
- Additional cleaning of high touch surfaces
- Use of electrostatic technology in guestrooms, reduction of high-touch items and new laundry protocols
- New standards and service approach in our Restaurants & Bars
- Use of PPE by all our colleagues
As updates become available, we will continue to communicate them. Please visit:
for the latest information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the beach open?
Beaches are only available for exercise.
Is the pool open?
The Pool and Pool areas are closed.
What restaurants are currently open at the property?
- Karaya: Closed
- Bodeguita : Daily, 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Ocean Breeze: Fri & Sat, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Ruth Chris: Daily, 5:00 pm – 9:45 pm
- Aleli: Closed
Are masks required?
Masks are required in all public areas, and will be worn by the staff.
Are day passes available for the pool?
At this time, the Pool and Pool areas are closed.
What activities and excursions are available?
None at this time.
Are restaurants in the area open? What is the procedure for dining out?
Most restaurants are open. If you choose to dine off property, most places require a reservation due to limited capacity, masks must be worn traveling to and arriving at the restaurants but can be removed when you are at your table. Temperatures are also taken upon arrival.
- Public beaches – exercise only
- Golf Courses